The Anteater from Schleich® WILD LIFE has a long, narrow snout that is up to 30 cm long.
- Additional Information
5,39 x 1,38 x 2,17 inch (W x D x H)
- Schleich® figurines are modelled in the finest detail to help children learn while they play.
- This item is part of the WILD LIFE theme world and is suitable for children aged 3-8
The Anteater from Schleich® WILD LIFE lives in the savannas and grasslands of Central and South America. The mammal feeds primarily on ants and termites. To get them out of their nests, the anteater bores in with its long snout, then sticks out its 60 cm long sticky tongue. Anteaters also have a bushy tail that looks bigger than it actually is due to the long hair.
Anteaters are part of the Xenarthra order and have more vertebral joints than other mammals.
- Scientific name : Myrmecophaga tridactyla
- Global Home : South America
- Conservation Status : Least concern
- Primary habitat : Savanna, Grassland