3,3 x 3,1 x 5,1 cm (W x D x H)
- Additional Information
The Emperor Penguin from Schleich® WILD LIFE has yellow spots on its ears and black and white plumage that looks like a tuxedo.
The Emperor Penguin from Schleich® WILD LIFE is the largest and heaviest penguin species. It is also unique for living so far south in Antarctica. Emperor Penguins don’t build a nest, instead brooding directly on the ice. After laying an egg, the female goes back to sea to hunt for fish, leaving the male to look after the egg. He places it on his feet and incubates it under his abdominal crease.
- Schleich® figurines are modelled in the finest detail to help children learn while they play.
- This item is part of the WILD LIFE theme world and is suitable for children aged 3-8
When emperor penguins exit the water they jump in a high arc onto the ice.
- Scientific name : Aptenodytes forsteri
- Global Home : Antarctic
- Conservation Status : Near threatened
- Primary habitat : Sea, Coastline